Tuesday 24 June 2014

DIY Ombre And Mini Haul

Hey!

For summer this year I decided a while ago that I wanted to ombré my hair and chose the L'Oréal Paris Préférence Wild Ombrés brush-on dip-dye in Number 1 for light brown to dark brown hair DIY kit.




I thought I'd share how it went and what I thought of the product in case anybody is thinking of using it.

With the kit you get: Developer Cream, Decolouring Powder, Lightening Cream, Conditioning Shampoo, Expert Brush and Gloves.



The kit says to mix the Decolouring powder and Lightening Cream in with the Developer Cream in the bottle and then squirt it onto the 'expert brush' and brush it into your hair, however I decided that the brush wasn't much use and that a normal colouring pot and brush would be more effective, so that's what I used. :)

It was quite easy to apply although the smell was considerably more intense than I had imagined. When it was on my hair looked really dry which was worrying but I think it was just the recolouring powder more than anything...thankfully.



The processing time was recommended at between 25-45 minutes depending on the desired result and I left mine for 30-35 minutes but gave it a blast with the hair dryer to accelerate the process.
It was quite easy to wash out and I made sure I used a nourishing conditioner to help the ends of my hair after being dried out with the bleach. After I had dried it I ran some Argon Oil from Avon through the length, again in hope to nourish it. Probably ruined those efforts by running the straighteners over it mind you..

Anyway, this was the finished product this morning:


I wasn't sure what to expect but I actually really like the result! :)

Overall, I think it was a really good product and it did what it said it was going to. I actually only used half of what was supplied because I wasn't doing all of the length and thought I could top it up in a few weeks if necessary. :)
I think out of 10 I'd score this product an 8 and would recommend it if you're wanting to try it out! The collection is also has a variety of colours and shades etc to suit different hair and styles. :)


Then today I met with a friend in Birmingham and went for a mooch around the shops. We went into Jack Wills and I picked up some leggings with a pretty anchor print in navy.



(N.B. They also have a sale on so get down there!)


Then we went into Lush and I couldn't resist the You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt and the Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon because they smelt DIVINE.





I can't wait to use these and I will post my thoughts and pictures on both when I have :)



That's all for today :)

Ciao!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment